Thursday 27 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week Three Day Three Activity 1,2 and 3

Activity 1 Week Three Day Three(4 Points)
Success Criteria:Go onto the Bird of the Year website, look through the native birds on the site, and choose one that interests you.
On your blog, write a short description of your bird. Where does your bird normally live? What does your bird normally eat?  Post a picture of the bird underneath your description. Be sure to attribute your picture properly.

Pūkeko

Sharp, curved red beak snaps shut with grubby worms and buzzing insects in it mouth. Beautiful blue and black feathers flow out through its oval body. Tall thin straw like grass overgrown over the top of me, keeping me hidden from scaring hawks. You would usually find me near moist and wet swamps.
This photo is taken by Luc Hoogenstein and found on the Bird Of The Year Website.



Activity 2 Week Three Day Three (4 Points)
Success Criteria:On your blog, tell us what superpower you would like to
have and why you’d like to have it.

A superpower I would really want to have is to control water. I would want to do this because have you seen movies than can control it and even when it is in a cup of water the use their hand to lift a cylinder of water. It would be awesome to control the ocean as well like the waves and I would also want to control the weather because in Greymouth other when it is Summer it is usually cloudy with pouring or sprinkling rain so it would be really cool to change the weather.

Activity 3 Week Three Day Three (10 Points)
Success Criteria: Check out the ‘Top 10 Flying Animals of the World’ website to learn more about these incredible animals. Once you have explored the site, choose one animal and create a digital learning object (DLO, eg. a poster) that tells us all about the animal. Be sure to include at least three interesting facts and a picture or two of your animal! Please follow these instructions for attributing your pictures properly.
On your blog, post a final copy of your DLO.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jennae,

    Your Pukeko description is awesome. You really painted a picture in my head. The Pukeko is a good choice of bird and has very cool features. What is your favourite bird?

    Keep up the good blogging,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jennae!

    Wow! This sounds more like a poem than an informative post! You have a wonderful creative soul! I am so lucky to come across so many wonderful and unique posts! I am glad you choose Pūkeko! I have seen so many Pūkeko families all over Auckland! I love how the blue and black feathers compliment each other.

    Wow! Hydrokinesis! What an awesome and interesting idea. Many students choose flying as their superpower!
    It makes sense New Zealand is a beautiful country with many hidden gems all over the country. I think I would love to be able shape shift. That way I can turn into anything or anyone I want! That would be so much fun!

    Ka Pai Jennae! This is an attractive DLO! I admire the time and effort you put into your posts! A California Condor sounds like a very interesting bird! I especially admire that they lay their eggs in caves! That’s awesome.

    Pat yourself on the back for crediting each photo! You are doing an amazing job.
    Keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennae,
    Your discription of the Pukeko. But you didn't write where it lives but you did write what it eats.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah Its Jennae here. Thank you for your helpful comment on my pukeko work, great spotting! I will fix this up right away.
      -Jennae

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.