Tuesday 2 April 2019

Turangawaewae Work






For the past couple weeks Room One and Room Eight have been learning about what our turangawaewae's are. When we did this we were trying to show a place or places you think you stand or feel belonged or good at.  
What our classes had to do was to pick two places or one we thought we belonged at or we thought we stood or even one place. We had to draw these on paper then on a type of thicker paper close to card.We sketched them out and Ms Kemp (Room Eight's teacher) checked our work then we could move onto painting. I started painting my artwork but I wanted to add something cool to my artwork so I decided to add real Kaiteriteri sand to my art. 
On the left in this picture is a painting of Kaiteriteri Beach close to Motueka. My family and I love to come here it is a really nice place to go and we go here every year. I also have family there and we love to see them once a year or even more.
On the other side of the Kaiteriteri painting on the right is a painting of the Greymouth hockey turf. I chose this as one of my turangawaewae's because I have been playing hockey since I was allowed and I could. I loved to play small sticks when I was little with my little brother Jack and I am still playing hockey now in collegiate.  I enjoy hockey and I love the sport and I feel like I belong in this certain team  I am in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.