Wednesday 26 June 2019

I Am Not Esther Book Review

Jennae Topliss Age 12
Room 8, Karoro School

I Am Not Esther
 Fleur Beale

Don’t you just like a book with family, mysteries and thrillers? Then this is the right book for you.

This book is set in Auckland where Esther and her Mum lived, then for most of the story the book was set in Wanganui, New Zealand in 1998.

In this book there are main characters called Esther, Aunt Naomi and Uncle Caleb. Esther is a 13 year old  teenager who lived with her mother before they both moved to Wanganui.  That was when Esther met Uncle Caleb and Aunt Naomi.

“I Am Not Esther,”has genres like family, mysteries and thrillers. Thrillers are set throughout the book especially within the family. Family is definitely a theme because  Esther has to live with a new one. There is also the mystery of discovering why her Mum left Esther.

Esther was living with her Mum in Auckland until her Mum decided to move to Wanganui.  Esther’s mum had taken her to her brother's house. The next morning Esther realised that her
Mum’s suitcase was missing and that her Mum was gone. Esther was now left alone with this family she didn’t even know.  How would she cope? What is she going to do?

Did you know that I am actually a Christian too. I know that most families don’t quite get along and mine is sometimes one of them. 

My opinion of this book is that I think it was really good and it also made me keep reading it with interesting twists.I recommend this book to anyone of the age 12+. This book contains bad words and violent actions. I  like this book because it has mysteries  and thrillers in it and those are something I look for in a book to read myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.