Friday 21 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week Two/Day Three Activity 1



DAY 3: First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…

Activity 1: Night Owls [4 points]
Success Criteria:
Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you


Hi I’m Jennae. I think I am a night owl because I usually stay up around 10:30-
12:00 most nights and won’t wake up early. All my siblings including me use to wake up
around 6:30 - 8:00 some mornings for school, but now it is the summer holidays.
My younger brother Jack and my older brother Jayden are  night owls as well. Jack
and Jayden are always in the garage rebuilding a car, fixing a motorbike etc until the
go to bed between 12:30 and 2:00am. My Dad is a night owl and a early riser because
my dad goes to sleep most nights around 2:00, but he also wakes up every morning
for his work day around 5:30 am.
My older sister Kayla she is a night owl and a early riser. She goes to sleep most nights
around 9:30-10:30 and wakes up most days for work about 7:30.My Mum is a early riser.
She always goes to sleep quite early to wake up in the morning around 7:30 as well
because she works with my older sister Kayla at the same work place.

Personal Comment: I think our bed times and morning times are all different and
sometimes they aren’t what I had written they can occasionally change once in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennae

    You sound like you have a very busy family, with bed times all over the place. But generally you all sound like you are night owls. Especially your Dad. That is not much sleep to work all day on. If he goes to bed at 2am and is then up again at 5.30am he is only getting three and a half hours sleep a night.
    There is no way I could do that. That is not enough sleep for me. I would be so grumpy. I need at least 8 hours sleep most of the time or I would be terrible.
    I hope that on a school night that you and your brother are in bed at an earlier time. It doesn't really matter at the moment as you don't have to get up for school.
    I hope all the boys don't make too much noise when they are fixing things in the garage half the night.
    Do you live far from school? If you are not up til 8am you must live reasonably close.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Allie! Its Jennae here. I don't actually live that far from Karoro School my house is just before the over head bridge to Paroa. My house is about 2km away from my school.
      Thank you for the comment Allie!
      -Jennae

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.