Tuesday 1 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week Three Day Five Activity 1,2 and 3

Activity 1 Week Three Day Five
Success Criteria: Watch this short video on air pollution. It will tell you more about natural and human causes of pollution.
On your blog, share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video.
1) The first fact I learned was when us humans use fossil fuels like coal they release something called greenhouse gases.
2)SMOG is a type of air pollution that can reduce the level of visibility and can cause different health effects.
3) Lastly a fact I learnt was that there are solutions to stop these pollutions. A sollution for these pollution is by limiting the use of these to decrease the amount of fossil fuels being used.

Activity 2 Week Three Day Five Success Criteria: On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside.
1) The first thing I would do on a rainy day  is probably to pull my chromebook out and connect it to the television and my family and I watch horror movies.
2) Another thing I would do when its a rainy day is for me to do my homework like this the Summer Learning Journey, Summer Reading Challenge, Read Theory and sometimes I like to do studyladder or e-ako maths.
3) The next thing I would do is to play board games such as monopoly and card games such as Solitaire and k's and a's.
4) Although I help my mum a lot with house chores even when it is not raining I still like to do a bit for her.  I like helping her out when she is at work I like to clean the whole house for her, tidy it all up and make it spotless and surprise her so she can just put her feet up and have a rest. I do this so she can not only have a rest but my mum already has a cleaning job and  I wouldn't want her to come home and do more cleaning and plus she has just been working in the rain as well as my older sister Kayla.
5)I love to draw in my own time and when it is raining and I have nothing else to distract me apart from the above reasons I like to draw. I like to draw and watercolour because I feel relaxed , calm and it's simple.
Activity 3 Week Three Day Five
Success Criteria: On your blog, write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm. To earn full points, you must write a story that is 8 – 10 sentences long.

The moment I opened my door to go outisde everything looked devastated. Most things looked dull like they died and lost colour, like everything seemed to fade. Deep grey clouds pushing away above me into a bright and blue sky. I looked out to the deep and flooding river and was thinking of all the fish that could be toxic. I turned my head facing the bush on the hill that is suppose to be green and full of energy, I had seen the opposite of that.
I then looked down at the ground and taken my first step outside and embraced this new empty and ruined feeling for me. When I lifted my head I seen many leaves falling off a tree onto the ground. I called my brother over and he threw a frisbee at me, I then caught it. I next called out "last one to be inside the house is a rotten egg." My brother and I hurried into the house and guess who was the rotten egg? Me!

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Jennae,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) blogging programme. Wow, you have been really busy over the summer completing the first three weeks' of the SLJ. What a huge accomplishment!

    Please know that our team is keeping careful track of your progress and recording every activity that you finish in our master spreadsheet. We are also going to work really hard to write comments on each of your activities over the next month. The programme is open every day until Friday 25 January 2019 so we will be online, reading your work and commenting throughout this time

    Today it is my turn to read and comment on the posts from Karoro School. I feel very lucky as I have had the chance to learn a lot from you! I have also seen that you are posting comments on other student's blogs. Thanks for doing this! I'm sure that it means a lot to the students and it allows you to earn extra points.

    I can see from this post that you are keeping busy over summer with a number of activities including the SLJ, the Summer Reading Challenge and Read Theory. Is the Summer Reading Challenge an activity created by the local library or was it developed by someone else? Up here in Auckland (where I live) we have a summer literacy programme called 'Dare to Explore' that is available for children in every library across the city. It's a great programme that really helps students with their reading. Our SLJ team always pairs up with the libraries to offer both programmes and to support students who want to do both. It's really cool to see that you are doing so much to help with your learning over the break.

    I hope that you don't have too many rainy days over the coming weeks but, if you do, please hop back online and head to Week #4 of the SLJ. There are 15 more activities there ready for you to complete!

    Hope to see you back online soon.

    Best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, Its Jennae here.

      Thank you for leaving a positive comment on my blog post. I know right I have been doing a lot so far and I am really heading for the end of the Summer Learning Journey.

      I think the Summer Reading Challenge was created by my local library called the Grey District Library because there is one person that comes from my local library and talks to us about the Summer Reading Challenge every year.

      Jennae;)

      Delete
    2. Hey Jennae,

      Thanks for writing back! You really have been doing such a cool job with the SLJ this year. I hope that you'll be able to finish it up this month and celebrate this awesome achievement.

      It is great to read that that local library offers the Summer Reading Challenge each year. It's a great initiative!

      Enjoy your reading and your writing this summer :)

      Best,
      Rachel

      Delete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.