Friday 28 June 2019

Beach Cookout

Beach Cookout 

In Room One and Eight we are learning to
  • Design a menu suitable for cooking on a campfire
  • Keep within a $5 budget
  • Share the jobs and food provision fairly between team members
  • Bring along all equipment we need to cook with/on/in
  • Work cooperatively to cook our meal
On April 3rd in the morning Room One and Room Eight walked
down to the Karoro Beach to do a beach cookout. There were
many parents and the teachers Ms Kemp and Mrs Maclean.
In my group I had Korban, David, Ethan and myself. Each
group had their own parent to help them. In my group we had
 Angus Taylor as our parent. At this time of the year it is
Autumn so it is an open fire season.
For our team group we figured out what we wanted to cook
 because someone said nacho's and we all agreed on cooking
 them as well as pancakes.  At our beach cookout we didn't
 have set jobs we all just took turns doing somethings.
When our two classes walked down to the Karoro Beach we
 were very close to Watson's Creek and the ocean at Tasman
Sea. To make our fire we used dry things like old mans beard
 then kindling and last thick pieces of wood in a pyramid shape.
Our two classes went because so our teaching could see how
we work as a team, to have fun, for the William Pike Challenge
 for a new experience and to build new outdoor skills.
Doing the beach cookout didn't really have any challenges
 I thought we worked well as a team, but I managed to flip
a pancake easily.

I had a really good time down at the beach with my team and
 I thought we worked very well together. If we could do this
again I would like to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.