Friday 28 June 2019

Lake Daniell Tramp Response

Lake Daniell Response

On Wednesday the 12th of June Room One and Room Eight had planned to go out on a tramp called Lake Daniell. Our classes are doing this because we entered into the William Pike Challenge again and this is one of the things we are doing for it.

In the morning we all got told our car groups and both classes headed in their car groups they got told they were in and left to go to Reefton. In my car group there | was Hannah, Nathan, Cailan, Hannah and Nathan’s dad and obviously myself.

So Wayne, Hannah’s dad drove us towards Reefton. On the car ride to Reefton Nathan and Cailan were being| really funny and made the start of my day better already.  We finally got to Reefton. We all got out of our cars and some of us went to the toilet and the other people ran around through the bush. We had to jump back into the car and headed for Springs Junction.

Now, everyone finally got to the start of the tramp. Ms Kemp went through everyone and gave them a number, mine was 22. We all did a count off and then started the tramp. I walked with my friend Milan and my brother Jack.

Walking through the tramp was really cool. There were heaps of different kinds of Beech Trees and it was interesting to see different types of plants. Everyone was very supportive to others and helped them along the way.

Ms Kemp also gave set group each a scavenger hunt to do. In my scavenger group I had Milan and Brighid. We all worked together to kind plants or animals on the tramp like different trees and birds like the South Island Kaka and the  Long Tailed Bat.



Along the tramp people like  Milan and Aimee said that I had a nice t-shirt or either a nice bag. I really enjoyed the way up to Lake Daniell it was really nice and the lake was really cool. On the way back my brother felt really sick and had been twisting his ankles a lot, so I walked with him the whole way back and helped him with anything.

Altogether I really enjoyed this tramp and I recommend this to anyone who likes to go tramping because its nice and easy and it’s good to get outside and enjoy the world around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.